The 1220 Graphics Department offers a variety of in-house graphic production services to set the backdrop and help interpret the story of any exhibit, environment or event.
- LIGHTJET PRINTING: LightJet, a Lambda equivalent process, produces a continuous tone and precise color matching capabilities. With a 50 inch LightJet 430 and a RA 4 processor, 1220 produces photographic quality prints up to 50 inches wide by 120 inches long, directly from a digital file or scan. Two 52-inch Orca III laminators allow these prints to be mounted to a variety of substrates such as wood, glass, laminate, steel, sign blank and acrylic.
- SILK SCREENING: Almost any flat surface can be silk screened and the 1220 Graphics team creates custom screens from digital art files to transfer text or designs through a print making process for incorporation into exhibit elements. Inks can be custom mixed to match specific PMS colors and artisans are available to travel to site to perform the silk screen process directly to the facility wall or other on-location substrates.
- VINYL: 1220’s Graphics Department custom cuts vinyl lettering and designs for a first surface or second surface application to almost any solid substrate, such as acrylic, wood, glass, and laminate. 1220 accesses several vinyl vendors, each of which houses approximately 150 different colors of vinyl.
- SPECIALTY GRAPHICS: 1220’s Graphics Manager has developed a list of pre-qualified sub-contractors for the production of fabric banners, porcelain enamel graphics, phenolic resin graphics and large scale Scotchprint murals.
- DIGITAL FILES: With state-of-the-art programs and applications, 1220’s Graphics Department can assist with file manipulation, hi-resolution scans and the creation of production-ready art, from concept to completion or bringing provided design intents to fruition.