Having opened our doors in 1972, 1220 is proud of our past and looking forward to our future. We are always looking for professional and passionate individuals who are ready to take us to the next level. If you are interested in a career that will not only help you grow professionally, but also personally, then you have come to the right place. Please send us your resume if you are interested in joining the 1220 team.
Location: Nashville, TN – Department: Fabrication
1220 Exhibits is seeking a full-time Exhibit Carpenter/Fabricator for immediate hire.
Ideal candidates possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in fine woodworking with hardwoods a must
- Experience with router, table saw and hand tools
- Competency in acrylics and metal fabrication
- Great interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility to work some overtime and weekends
- Ability to travel on out of state jobs
- Efficiency in meeting deadlines
1220 Exhibits is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace with a focus on trade shows, museum displays, retail interiors, props, POP and custom signage.
WHAT WE DO
1220 is a custom fabrication team that helps our clients (i.e. museums, corporations, and marketing agencies) realize their visions and tell their stories through unique and engaging experiences.
Collaborating with clients and designers, we engineer, build, and install environments that utilize exhibitory, graphics, audiovisual systems, interactives, and other allied crafts. Our process with our staff and clients is rooted in our powerful commitment to execute the work with integrity and quality.
Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide quality technical engineering documentation for shop personnel and CNC related to 1220 projects within allocated resources and time frames.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collaborate with Estimating, Production, Project Management, outsource partners and design teams to successfully detail a project’s technical approach for execution in in pre-build, build and installation phases.
- Lead the development of detailed technical documentation and drawings for individual projects, which will meet or exceed budget, time and quality requirements.
- Communicate, collaborate and ensure an efficient transition from pre-build to production. Track and resolve production issues, related to technical approach.
- Perform Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for technical documentation processes, focusing on continual improvement of department performance.
- Maintain strict quality controls for work product.
- Support shop build assignments related to CNC and/or other shop assignments as determined by the Production Manager.
No direct supervision requirements.
Require no unusual physical requirements.
This position requires interaction in 1220’s shop and on job sites under construction. This position requires travel for meetings, installations and professional development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in custom fabrication or related industry.
- Requires a College Degree and/or extensive construction and/or exhibits industry experience.
No professional licensure or certifications required.
Job-related Skills and Special Requirements
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work with clients, production crew, designers, project managers and account executives.
- Must have experience working on standard Microsoft Office suite of computer programs.
- Must be expert in current versions of AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Proficiency in Adobe and other visualization software preferred
Disclaimer: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.