Having opened our doors in 1972, 1220 is proud of our past and looking forward to our future. We are always looking for professional and passionate individuals who are ready to take us to the next level. If you are interested in a career that will not only help you grow professionally, but also personally, then you have come to the right place. Please send us your resume if you are interested in joining the 1220 team.
The 1220 Exhibits Fabrication Craftsman plays an important role in the success of the company as he/she is responsible for the production of exhibit elements utilizing shop skills and experience with both hardwoods and laminates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be able to read and manufacture from shop drawings with minimal supervision and apply a working knowledge of the methods, equipment, materials, and tools to fabricate and install highly complex, craftsman quality exhibits for the museum and exhibition industry.
- Work with an array of standard and specialized materials including, but not limited to wood, plastic, acrylics, metals, laminate, solid surface, etc.
- Assure quality workmanship consistent with project requirements and 1220 standards.
- Thorough working knowledge of OSHA regulations, practices, and precautions applicable to the trade.
- As a member of the installation team, travel to museum and exhibit locations around the US for extended periods can be expected.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED
- High School diploma or GED; higher education desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years custom fabrication experience in a shop environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the hardware and building materials used in custom fabrication.
- Ability to interpret and work from sketches, blueprints, or detailed drawings.
- OSHA-10 or -30 Certification (Construction or general Industry) a plus.
- Conduct themselves professionally with co-workers, supervisors, and all other team members
- Available to work overtime and weekends, as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Is professional, organized and a self-starter with exceptional fabrication skills
- Excels as part of a team
- Works well under pressure and within deadlines
- Is a strong problem solver