Having opened our doors in 1972, 1220 is proud of our past and looking forward to our future. We are always looking for professional and passionate individuals who are ready to take us to the next level. If you are interested in a career that will not only help you grow professionally, but also personally, then you have come to the right place. Please send us your resume if you are interested in joining the 1220 team.
Does THIS company sound Interesting to you?
1220 Exhibits, Inc., a Nashville original for 47 years, is a custom fabricator that partners with architects, designers and brand marketers to deliver unique and engaging experiences. Through our internal resources in wood, metal, acrylics, graphics, audio-visual/interactives and scenic, we bring one-of-a-kind solutions to every opportunity. Our process is rooted in our powerful commitment to execute our work guided by our core values: Teamwork, Heart, Integrity and Solutions.
For a window into our portfolio and team, visit us at www.1220.com
IF WE SOUND LIKE THE PLACE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, READ ON….
The Controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, which includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller supports the President and his initiatives and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team of 1220.
The Controller must exhibit a positive and involved team attitude to all departments and maintain open communication with all co-workers for the best overall performance of 1220 Exhibits, Inc. along with representing 1220 Exhibits, Inc. with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages all job costing responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing a documented system of policies and procedures.
- Developing internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration and other activities.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job performance.
- Coordinating and directing budgeting, procurement, investment activities and financial planning.
- Manage external relationships to include auditors, banking, bonding and P&C insurance
- Providing support to management, particularly in commercial and financial matters.
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Compile and issue timely and complete financial statements and reports that help senior leadership understand company financials.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report and annual budgets/forecasts.
- Project cost monitoring and reporting of performance vs budget.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations by calculating and issuing financial and operating metrics.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans and corrective actions.
- Calculate variances from budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Lead Workman’s Compensation and G/L yearly audits
- All other duties as assigned
This position manages a staff of 3, currently.
QUALIFICATIONS to be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, audit finance or related field.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience.
- Understanding of financial data analysis, budgeting and reporting.
- Knowledge of job costing, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations on taxes and reporting.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Excel.
- Must be able to analyze and communicate financial information into sound business language to people of all levels can understand.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.